Samuel Schneider began a small silk weaving business in
Haledon, N.J. as a sole proprietorship.
From that date until his death in 1944, the business grew steadily.
Isadore Schneider, Samuel's son, took over in 1938 and ran the business
from then until his death in 1995. Under the direction of Isadore and
his brother Albert, who ran the manufacturing side, the company prospered.
They invested in the latest technology and established an excellent
reputation within the New York converting trade. In 1995 Albert became
the CEO and ran the business until his death in 2011. Today Schneider
Mills continues to be family owned with the 3rd and 4th generations
working in the business.
Schneider Mills has evolved over the decades from a silk weaving mill
into a 100% man-made fiber operation. From New Jersey to Massachusetts
to Pennsylvania the Schneider family expanded its operations. In 1946
a plant was built in Taylorsville, N.C. and Schneider Mills consolidated
all operations under one roof. Today that facility is a state of the art
weaving mill operating in 450,000 square feet of manufacturing space.
Schneider Mills is a premier weaver of synthetic greige goods for a wide
variety of end uses. In 2010 Schneider Mills began a new era entering
the composites market. Composite Fabrics of America (CFA), a wholly
owned subsidiary, weaves carbon and para-aramid for the high end composite
industry for end uses as Aerospace, infrastructure repair, automotive and
recreation. The family tradition of reinvesting in the company remains
strong and ensures a bright future for Schneider Mills, its customers and